Wednesday, July 25, 2012

And Then There Were None


Today was our last day in Paris.  I think we spent it well:

After breakfast at "home," we headed for the base of Montmartre to browse a few shops for last minute pressies to take home to friends. Then the metro to the Ile de la Cite to leave our "love lock" on the Pont de Arts bridge behind Notre Dame.  After securing our lock, making a wish and tossing the keys into the Seine, we headed to Restaurant Le Tournebievre for a late lunch.  With a view of the bookinistas, the Seine and Notre Dame, we had frissee with bacon and poached egg (me) and tomatoes with mozzarella (Gene) for starters then steak Tartare (me) and Lieu Jaune, or Pollack, (Gene) for plats.  Both excellent. 


After lunch we walked to the Ile St. Louis for Berthillon cones.  We both chose double dips of chocolate and caramel burre sel.  OMG.  I knew I had to wait until the last day for this treat or I'd have been in line at Berthillon's every day and needed a second seat on the plane home!

Tidying up the apartment (lest Le French poop tries to withhold our deposit) and packing this afternoon.   Of course, I tossed a few articles of clothing to fit the new stuff and gifts.  (Yes, THAT is how serious I am about carry-on only.)

Gene made a final run to the patisserie for our last baguette and croissants which, along with some leftovers in the fridge, comprised our dinner.

In the morning, a taxi to the airport at 8:00 am then home via Philly. Heather and Clay will pick us up at the airport in Columbus.  My palms are already itching to get my hands on them. 

Thanks for coming along on our adventure!  Please check back in a few days for pictures.  Then it will be on to postings that I hope will interest you.  Please don't forget to comment.  I love dialogue, remember?

Are you looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics this weekend?  I sure am!

2 comments:

MyriamC said...

I'm sorry your adventure has come to an end. But I will continue reading new updates and I look forward to seeing A Lot of Pictures!

Natalie said...

I'm sad when one of our Phoenix adventurers ends their trip, too. Can't wait for pics!